Workshops & Engagements
For communities just starting the process of building cradle-to-career partnerships, we recommend a Planning Retreat and a Design Institute, both of which provide help in meeting the initial set of quality benchmarks for Cradle to Career Network membership.
This two-day workshop brings key stakeholders together to develop and identify the core team of partners in your community. People are introduced to the tools and techniques necessary for them to move forward in their work. Topics include:
- Creating a vision, mission and goals for the cradle-to-career partners
- Identifying and selecting outcomes and related indicators for measuring goals
- Using continuous improvement skills to achieve impact
- Learning about results-based leadership (RBL) competencies and tools
- Engaging funders to support partnership work
This workshop, led by the core team of community partners with support from StriveTogether staff, fosters buy-in from key stakeholders while creating an action plan for building the cradle-to-career partnership. Core team members share drafted materials developed after the Planning Retreat, while our staff provides context and lessons learned related to the StriveTogether Theory of Action.
Once partnerships develop the foundation for civic infrastructure, often new challenges emerge around working with cross-sector stakeholders to improve specific educational outcomes. StriveTogether staff work with partnerships and help identify the right support for local needs.
Our team of experienced leaders and facilitators are available to provide keynote speeches or lead workshops at events on topics including:
- Identifying the keys to high-quality collective impact
- Mobilizing individuals and communities to achieve bold goals
- Using data to improve outcomes for every child
- Shifting from charitable giving to impactful investing
- Clarifying the role of business in the social sector