With only a few weeks until the 2017 Cradle to Career Network Convening, StriveTogether is putting the finishing touches on this eighth annual event. We are excited to see more than 400 Cradle to Career Network members from 32 states together for 2 and 1/2 days of learning, networking and sharing best practices. Here are some exciting features of this year’s convening.
Due to popular demand, role alikes are making a return to the convening! This is an opportunity for network members in the same role to connect, identify challenges and share solutions. The role alikes offered are:
- Communications Staff
- Data Managers
- Emerging Directors
- Leadership Council Members
- Sustaining Directors
Welcome Reception at the Heard Museum
We will host the welcome reception at the Heard Museum, internationally known for its extensive collections and advancement of American Indian art. Learn more about the local context in Phoenix, explore the museum’s exhibits and network with peers.
Four Invigorating Plenaries
This year’s plenaries offer a wide array of topics:
- Connie and Steve Ballmer of the Ballmer Group will talk about their extensive deep dive into the key drivers of economic mobility
- Network members will present the five-year strategic plan for the Cradle to Career Network
- Four individuals from communities across the country will tell stories about how they are being the change in their communities
- PolicyLink President Michael McAfee will describe the amazing place-based, cross-sector work happening in Minneapolis/St. Paul
more than 30 Top-notch Workshops
From kindergarten readiness to backbone infrastructure to chronic absenteeism, there are three workshop blocks full of informative presentations guaranteed to make you think critically about your work.
In-person Network Navigator Cohort
Bring your partners and meet your navigator and the rest of their cohort during this hour-long meeting. Discuss what is top of mind for your partnership, meet your peers and share lessons learned.
There are so many great features to be excited about for this year’s Cradle to Career Network Convening. Don’t forget to check out the detailed agenda and download Guidebook (search 2017 StriveTogether) to learn more about what you can expect in Phoenix. Registration runs through Monday, September 18. See you there!