StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network members are celebrating graduation and the start of summer, but they aren’t missing a beat when it comes to working for true community impact.
- Learn to Earn Dayton led the effort to collect 85,000 books to distribute to students over the summer to help with educational slide between school years. This is up from 28,000 books collected last year.
- Danae Davis, executive director of Milwaukee Succeeds, has been selected to receive a local award for her work in social justice.
- The Education Coalition of Macon County hosted a Community Engagement and Motivation Interaction workshop for partners.
- Thrive Chicago is helping hiring efforts in partnership with the city. Starbucks is one company hiring local students.
- Stark State College is opening a new education and workforce training center, and officials from the school say the success is thanks to their local partners, including Summit Education Initiative, which also recently launched its Summer Reading Program in partnership with the local school district. (West Side News and Notes).
- Yonkers Thrives is playing a helpful role in the local United Way’s strategies for the future.
- Spartanburg Academic Movement will be the recipient of a local philanthropic campaign.
- P16 Plus Council of Greater Bexar County is partnering with a new local organization to increase the quality and effectiveness of after-school programs, as well as the number of seats available.
- Former mayor of Minneapolis and executive director of Generation Next gave the commencement speech at the University of Minnesota-Morris.
If your partnership has been featured or mentioned in your local news, send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to share your work with our partners, stakeholders and friends.