StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network members are taking advantage of these long days to make headlines while making an impact in their communities.
- A lunch program sponsored by Every Hand Joined in Red Wing, Minn., is expanding to provide more students with free lunches throughout the summer.
- Yonkers Thrives in New York celebrated Yonkers Thrives Day last weekend. The summer learning event gave kids the opportunity to participate in play, have healthy snacks and do other learning activities.
- Thrive Chicago partnered with a local high school to submit a proposal for the XQ grant challenge. They are among a few Chicago-area finalists in the competition.
- Summit Education Initiative in Akron, Ohio, is co-sponsoring a summer reading program in an attempt to set a Guinness World Record.
- The Eastern Ohio Education Partnership received a grant from the Raymond John Wean Foundation of $200,000 a year for two years to strengthen the organization.
- Generation Next in Minneapolis, Minn., will be going through a transition with its executive director.
- E3 Alliance in Austin, Texas, is co-sponsoring a summer program for low-income students. Its data also is used throughout this article about the connection between math and college enrollment.
- Mission: Graduate in New Mexico helped develop a new app to help students learn about careers.
- The executive director of Norwalk ACTS wrote this op-ed.
If your partnership has been featured or mentioned in your local news, send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to share your work with our partners, stakeholders and friends.